Monday, April 2, 2007

i'm addicted to iTunes


It all began with Indi & Aida's Nine is Divine mix created especially for the slumber party (referenced in Noggin Log's Petri Dish). I am now constantly stealing moments here and there to look up artists (and purchase music) with the ever diminishing $50 gift certificate Shawn bought me for x-mas. Of course the kids music came first and we now have a wide variety of the Wiggles, Bill Zanes, Hannah Montanta, etc. But I have also discovered old and new tunes that I absolutely love...I thought I'd share some of the new ones I've found in case you find yourself browsing iTunes with an itch to download some (what is mostly mellow) music.

One artist new to me is Sia, she has a great voice singing in very jazzy and alternative styles. Another good one is Zero 7, which funnily enough is currently touring with Sia. Zero 7 is a UK band which to me has some soulful funk elements and a very hip website. Lauren, you may have already heard of Low Stars...this folk band reminds me of early Beatles stuff cuz of all the harmonizing and good lyrics.

I could go on, but I need to get back to browsing iTunes to spend my remaining $5.31 gift certificate. Hopefully some of the above will be new to you and if you have similar musical selections, please pass them on as I need to keep buildin' that library.

p.s. thanks Lauren for showing me how to link people to these various sites :)

5 comments:

Shawn said...

This addiction works for me - it's a lot cheaper than jewelry and shoes.

Shawn

ellenmac said...

Lydia,
Would you please ask Mr. Noggin Q. Log if I could have access to his blog.
Thanks,
EllenMac

Lauren said...

You can buy another 50 buck iTunes card at Costco for a little over 40!

I mean it would last you until July at least!

ma otter said...

i am hooked too. You may have noticed in pottery, every week a new mix. a new song i love this week, and the kids too, is "stay human" and "ganga babe" by Michael Franti. What we should do is make cds and then download eachothers to double our library! long live music addiction
annie

marcia said...

Hello there sister just wanted to say it was nice to read all the wonderful stuff that is happening in your life and that things are progressing well on your villa!! I miss you all very much and give my niece and nephew a big hug and kiss and don't forget to tell them that I am their favorite aunt lol!! Not much new on my front still regretfully unemployed and going a little crazy home all the time!!! Have to be positive that things will eventually turn around :) Well once again miss and love you all!! Take care I will check again soon for updates.
Love Chia