Monday, January 21, 2008

4th Grade Veggies

Last Friday, Daleth and I brought in some hummus, lemons, limes and salt to season the veggies we harvested from the 4th grade garden. It warmed my heart to see so many kids excited about eating fresh vegetables. More pics are posted on the Green Room.
The total experience was like a birth of sorts, seeing nothing out there and then the raised beds were built, then planted and now harvested.
ps...thx Shawn, we wouldn't have boxes for the garden without your carpentry skills (& your total submission to the coven)!
The lone carpenter who came back to strengthen the boxes. Originally constructed by Shawn, Alan and Pepe...thx to you too.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So glad you were able to be a part of this experience..it is so important to do this with our children, (of course I am biased on this subject!) Your images are Beautiful, and I love the lone carpenter image !! What is not to Love about a man with tools that can build things !!!

daleth said...

I'm sure I left a comment, but it seems I didn't click the correct key.
My expectation from this garden are small compared with the results, amazing.

ma otter said...

you guys made it what it is...love it!