Friday, February 20, 2009

HONK

There is a buzz at SDCCS and it's not just because the entire campus is getting a much needed facelift by adding a new color to the buildings, various colors to the door and another mural!  No, as aesthetically pleasing as this will be, the energy in the air is because of the Honk Jr. production.  The story of the Ugly Duckling.
It is the awesome-ist and cutest production I've seen in a loooooong time.  Maybe I'm biased because I have known many of the cast and crew (the kids) since Kindergarten or because Indika plays the Bullfrog- bursting on stage with with her little froglets and singing solo, but I don't think so. It. is. just. all around. delightful.
Mac is amazing as Ida, Ugly's mother (show above setting off to find her "different" chick) and Indika has truly found her theatrical voice.  She is a fantastically funny Bullfrog:
Tomorrow is the final show (and my third viewing), and the clamoring is already out there for next year's production.  Of course more shots are available and coming (as I sift and edit) on Flickr....enjoy!  And Annie has actual video shorts...cuteness in action!

3 comments:

ma otter said...

I love this picture of Indi...I am going to print it . She looks so confident and peaceful and in her element.
annie

Lauren said...

I love all these shots. How did I miss them over on Flickr! I'm off right now...

Yes the production really was fabulous. It is amazing that our girls are now the "big ones"! wow.

Anonymous said...

so great...those girls had such a great time!