Sunday, July 22, 2007

Deck floor DONE...

Over the past few weekends, my warrior husband has continued on his quest to ready a deck in our backyard to give us the outdoor living space so necessary when living in a climate like San Diego.
This was four weeks ago...














then as of three weeks ago, the joist and blocking was completed...















then Shawn began laying the deck floor...














As of TODAY (July 22, 2007), Shawn has finished laying all of the planks that make-up our deck floor and OMG...it is frickin' awesome!!










The kids are already enjoying being able to run out the living room doors into much safer terrain! I am so happy not to have to step down three feet to walk out back, but with this BIG beautiful deck, I am now looking forward to some outdoor living!!


You can see more deck photos on Flickr. Thank you, Shawn...you ROCK!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey...congrats...both of you! I may join you for a glass of wine and a deck warming present this week..as I'm kid free for 5 days..they're with my sister for a little holiday on the beautiful central coast near Hearst Castle...lucky them!

Amy said...

Wow !! That is an accomplishment !! Good work Shawn, you are "The Man".
Enjoy !!!

E'l Roy said...

That looks incredible!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous - but it sure looks nice. :P