Monday, April 30, 2007

Ry talk

I was amazed yesterday, when at Trader Joes, while giving Ry his usual spoonfuls of vanilla Yo-Baby, he suddenly shook his head at me and said, "No, more". I said "No more yogurt?" and he responded "up, (which means yup) no more"...his FIRST two-word communication!

I then realized I should let all those Michigander (and other out-of-SD) friends and relatives know what a parrot this boy has become just over the past week. He says several words now. Ry's speech includes: ball, up, down, vroom, no, yup, wet, cut, clean, boom-boom (hammer), food, cheeze (which I have to get on tape cuz he says it more like chzzzz), cup, spoon, nummy-nummy, park, keys, car, and of course mamma-dadda-ka (ka is indika). OK...I think you get the gist...this boy is starting to talk...so now I need to be careful what I say around him, especially if I don't want him to parrot me.



3 comments:

daleth said...

Good for him, now he speaks more english than I do!

Anonymous said...

yey..clever Ry...does he know the two word phrase "Bush sucks" yet!

Daleth..very funny commento...well don't worry..Ry probably knows more Spanish than me!!

Lauren said...

Our little guy is growing up....